GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
NENE FAYE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 05:17:31 PST
Hi Boto,

First of all I would like to say bravo to what you've posted.

I had not seen something so positively and clearly written about the Gambia
and the Jawara's regime for a long time. I know something, that we all are
against the horrible things and that people have been expressing the way
they feel in different ways but this one is one of the most positive
postings. One other person I admire most is Mr Saine and of course my sis
Ndey Jobarteh. The things that are happening in our country ( our PARADIS
before) are horrible and the only way we can tackle these issues is by
working together, sending the  message to the people who want to rescue the
country. Show that we are 100% behind them.To also help them by making them
feel that they are trusted in whatever they have planned for the future of
the country and future generations too. The country needs to be saved and as
far as I know. It's not gun power that is gonna save it. It is common sense
that is going to save our nation.

I have been reading the postings of the so-called Ebou Colly but from what I
understand he is just another angry friend of Mr Jammeh and things like what
he says is only making the situation worst.He makes me scared anyway OOH. As
Gambians, we have to try and think together, to think of what would be the
best thing for the country not what is the best way of revenge. This is not
an individual thing it is for the whole nation. And if we listen to angry
persons talking about their experience by making others scared or very angry
it will make the situation worst. If you are alerting your enemy by sending
messages like these you only gonna make him prepare and wait for you and
that means a lot more that fighting your your enemy. It'll be blood shed in
the country because (ay doo em si boppi borom). The only thing we can do is
to give the people who want to save our nation the support they need and
avoid what happens in our neighbourhood countries like Sierra Leone and
other countries to be repeated in the Gambia. There is no place for that in
the Gambia, I don't mean that it is right for these things to be happening
in countries like Sierra Leone and other but it not fair for Gambians to go
through any thing similar. We are a small nation and a small family.We used
to love each other and where is that love gone people? We have  now let
egoisme has too much power on us. Everyone is thinking about him or herself.
What about our families who are still in the country. If something happens
they will be the first to suffer before we know it. In situation like
counter coups or whatever we all get scared and I know that even the people
who talk big and behave as they don't care feel the same way too.The
pretence should stop, we don't need desaster in the Gambia. Let us pray as
Gambians for the restoration of DEMOCRACY it is more important and if people
who are there at the moment have a way of restoring it back then it is still
better that blood shed. People should stop the kibiri and find better ways
of dealing with the situation and feels free to stand and contest

Gambians  are wonderful people and we never knew what killing was, we didn't
even know how to spell the word before but now, it is what every young male
dreams about which is crazy.There is nothing more uncomfortable than knowing
that you are sitting on an egg shell.And this is how our people feel now.

Sir Dawda's regime was somehow a regime that was easy to go along with of
course there has been some whishy wahsy things with his own people in his
regime. People who were dishonest but he did his best by making people feel
that Gambia was a best home for them.

There is one thing we fail to realise. One honest man amongst thousands of
disloyals cannot make things right on his own. His success or his effort
will always be overshadowed by disloyalty if you readers understand where I
am coming from.

There were some people who did not make the job easier for Sir and that is a
big problem for every regime.He wasn't well supported by his own entourage,
they didn't help him a lot and one honest person cannot rule a nation with a
bunch of whatever we all know that, don't we?. Look at our country today.It
is like the love has died, people don't care anymore and we need a person
who really really cares to lead us not some bunch of scum or angry and
hungry people who are dying for power and to rule.

LA PAIX POUR NOTRE PAYS!

NENEH.

But once again bravo to you Boto, you given me the opportunity to voice out
my feelings, the feelings if have for my country and I thank you for that.