GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:51:05 EDT
Director Generale Of The GRTS:
I guess you have taken it upon yourself to educate me about the meaning of a link.  Please satisfy your web-inflated ego and educate me please.

You also write that I should verify my information before transimitting it.  This, coming from the director of a TV station that, not only shows programs of witches and wizards performing stupid tricks, but one which also knowingly broadcasts APRC/AJJ propaganda daily.  Please clean up your own outfit's act before accusing me of transmitting bogus news.

The GRTS link should not be on the APRC's campaign website.  As I stated, the APRC does not encompass GRTS and as such the station should not be flaunted as something of the party's making.  Jammeh's message to the Gambian people is one of the first links on your website.  Now please tell me what impression this gives to the casual visitor who found your website courtesy of Jammeh2001.com?  In my opinion, this implies your organization is implicitly involved with the APRC.  It also gives the impression that the instrument of media which you run is boosting the APRC and AJJ. Additionally, the videos in 'development' section seem to have been filmed by the GRTS too.  I sincerely hope you plan to give the same access and opportunities to other parties.

You also wrote the following:
<<Once we launch the website, we will request for links from all Gambia related websites, including UDP's.>>

Again a comical statement and another indication of your outfit's inherent bias.  Give the APRC early access to your site then wait till the site is completed (probably after the election) to get the UDP and others involved?!  What kind of fairness does this action show?  I wonder what type of access you plan to give the APRC at the expense of other political parties.

Tombong, some of us can see though your shenanigans and such.  I simply cannot believe that the director of the GRTs wrote such a hasty and poor defense to such an obvious case of bias by the GRTS.  If anything, you have put your outfit in a more difficult position.  Again, I hope the IEC, UDP and others take a closer look at the way your outfit should be involved in the upcoming elections.  Would you have any objections to this?  Or would your prefer to do some more explaining?