GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:38:38 -0000
Gambia-L,

Before I left for the UNICEF regional consultative meeting, I made the
following remarks in response to Hamjatta Kanteh's submission:

+ACI-...I will postulate that the 1997 Constitution has all the basic faults
that could be found in the 1970 Constitution and other laws under the Jawara
regime, and has fundamental provisions that are indispensable for a
democratic society that the 1970 Constitution did not have.+ACI-

Upon my return, I have not seen any response to contradict this postulation.
What has happened to the critics of the 1997 Constitution? Some argued that
I was allowed  to do the talking during the coup period. Who is holding
people from tearing this postulation to shreds? I hope everybody will see
the hypocrisy embedded in the allegation that I was talking because I was
permitted and encouraged to do so. When I analyse Hamjatta Kanteh's and Saul
Saidykhan's allegations on the constitution, it will become clear who the
real betrayers of the country were during the coup period and who should
really hang their heads in shame for trying to deceive the Gambian people.

Halifa Sallah.

The previous mail to Response to +ACI-Saul Khan's  'Adjoinder to Halifa misses
the point' +ACI- should have been signed: Halifa Sallah