GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:10:19 +0000
Mose, thanks for your position and it is within the realm of possibility.
Like you, I am not a supporter of Jawara or the PPP, however, the man lacked
principles and that is what I'm addressing.  Up to a couple of days before
his arrival, OJ was quoted in the papers saying that he was not aware of a
date set for Jawara's arrival and Jawara did not discuss that with him?  Is
that normal or understandable, given the struggles that both and countless
others encountered from the AFPRC?  I think not.  Why would Jawara negotiate
with the APRC alone?  Why would Jawara accept to be given amnesty alone,
regardless of whether others might follow later?  I'm sorry, this should
have been a case of amnesty to all or amnesty to no one, now.  Let's face
it, Yaya did this to score a political point from the international
community and Jawara knows that.  Can one explain the series of events since
Jawara's touchdown?  Is that normal?  Why do you think the PPP faithful are
renouncing him?

Mose, the man is a creep and a sellout.  Why would he allow the arrangement
to not talk to anyone?  Jawara was with the PPP/UDP Coalition leading to the
Presidential elections because, like Jabou said, he thought he would go back
to running things again or living the life he led for 30 years.  That did
not happen, he chose to be in bed with the APRC.  Yes, we may deport
non-Gambian prostitutes out of Gambia, but we have political prostitutes and
they are becoming the majority in that country.  And it is a damn shame that
senior citizens lead the chorus.  Mose, Fafa is consistent with his love for
self to the detriment of others.  One minute he was in Atlanta and elsewhere
campaigning to get back to power, next minute he is the champion of the
UDP/PPP coalition, and before you blink, he is cool with Amadou Samba and
Yaya.  Have you noticed a trend here?  He would feed off, of the people any
way expedient, as long as he can get back.    What's next?  He now has his
properties back, God have mercy when they start to give him an allowance,
for he might easily out shadow Sheriff Dibba's performance in New York.

I normally would not even bother discussing Jawara, but the editor's
egoistic attitude is what is taking firm root within our lot.  This act of
Jawara is just that same as that of a military unit under fire and the
commander tell his men to hang on, while he negotiates his safe exit with
the enemy, and to help the rest after he is comfortable.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou