GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 05:18:52 -0500
Mr. Camara:

I am disturbed that you are single handedly deciding the L policies without
inputs from the other list managers.  How can you say, "on behalf of the
list managers' when non of them has written to affirm?  Please, treat every
member faily.

I remember one Babacarr N'jie's insults to Dr. Katim Touray's mother and
Sister Jabou.  I wrote to complain, but you did not threaten to delist Mr.
N'jie.  This is double standard and it cannot be tolerated.

Whether you are a closet supporter of the dictatorship, or not, you should
try to be fair.  Until we hear from the rest of the list managers, I cannot
agree with your style of management.

Please try and encourage supporters of the dictator to join the L.  We are
not driving them away.  The truth of the matter is that they are outnumbered
and cannot stand our constant ridiculing of the butcher of kaninlai.  We
encourage the entire illegal government to join the L.  Maybe then they can
outnumber us.

Mr. Baba Keita did not haul any insults to Mr. Alieu Keita.  Calling someone
"stupid" is not an insult.  Calling someone a "nyamo smoker" is not an
insult.  Calling someone a moron or a butcher is not an insult.  The truth
of the matter is the person exemplifies these catagories.

I hope this message can set the record straight.  Please get some inputs
from the rest of the managers and let them forthwith voice their opinion on
this ruling.  Until then, I think you have made an error in judgment.

Naphiyo,

Comrade M.Lamine Jassey-Conteh