GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Sukuna, Christine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:57:24 -0600
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this beautiful view.  I have newly
joined this group and I am constantly amazed and saddened by barriers,
borders, that people have built to keep us from one another.  This land,
whether it be America, Japan, Africa, etc. DOES NOT belong to us, rather, we
are all guests on this earth.  Like my children DO NOT belong to me, rather
I am fortunate enough to be able to raise them. Do we forget Allah and all
of his gifts when we see this type of dispute occurring? Why do we waste
time, energy, money, effort on positions what constantly cause so much
chaos...more than what it is worth.  Could these two Imams jointly share the
responsibility of educating Muslims?  Tears come to my eyes when I read
things like, have refused to budge, rejected due to origin, etc.  Allah gave
us each other for a higher reason.  Let's take good care of each other.
May Allah bless you all,
Halima Sohna