GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:37:05 +0200
Hi!
    Abdoukarim, thanks again. Say hello to Alieu Badara for me.

Ginny, there are close to 700 songs in the collection. It would be a
herculean feat to try to translate the songs. Another thing is that the
radio is live. It would be difficult to synchronise the playing song with
the translation. Take this as an excuse to learn Wollof. Laugh. There are
many non-Gambian listeners all over the world. I receive e-mails about the
radio from people all over the world.

Chris, thanks. I'm glad you enjoy the radio. There are many talented Gambian
musicians. I hope they continue to bring out those feelings. Have a good
weekend.

                                Buharry.