GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:15:57 +0000
To Mr. Jallow and Mr. Jow:

I have to say that your debates are more informative when you both refrain
from the personal attacks.

Mr. Jallow, although I do not expect you to just sit and not defend yourself
against the seemingly anti Ebou Jallow propaganda , I also think that it is
a penny too late to apologize to some after you have unethically ignored
every principle of self respect and went as low as labelling somebody a
homosexual. I am suprised that someone claiming the formidable accolades of
Georgetown university would communicate with such immaturity.

I believe you are within your rights to defend yourself and regardless of
how much accusation is geared towards you, it is you responsibilty to clear
your name, and contrary to the many opinions calling for you to explain to
them, you do not have to tell the Gambia-L zilch.

Since there are court documents pertaining to this case, why can't someone
take the honor of presenting them to this forum for us to read and and make
our own deductions?

Why can't the Statehouse.info also make some comments pertaining to this
matter?

To Mr. Jow:

My advise to you also is to please refrain from making occasional postings
based on hearsays about a supposed conversation unless you can substantiate
the allegations. It is one thing to present facts, but pretty embarassing to
come to a worldwide forum and issue a statement you probably cannot prove
based on some inconsequential statements somebody might have heard.

The ISSUE here is not about Ebou or YUS.  It is about an ALLEGED
misappropriation of funds, and we would all do ourselves a big favor by
sticking to just that.

Finally, you can spare those of us on the L who are only interested on the
facts and nothing else.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi