GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 14:41:10 -0000
Hamjatta, Dr. Saine, Saiks,

I just got to read your opinions. These are very powerful arguments you've
all advanced. This is an issue that requires adequate national attention,
and these articles are a good starting point. And they say we don't do
anything on this forum but criticize Yaya Jammeh! Thanks to you all.

Saul.

Hamjatta:
This is a truly brilliant article.  It is clearly articulated and
provides a legitimate and an important perspective in the discussion
over Women's rights and "Affirmative Action."  In the USA and perhaps
the UK, such views are often associated with Reagan and Thacher,
respectively. Many a conservative politician/pundit, as Pat Buchanan
and/or Ward Connaly in the USA also subscribe to this position. It is
also the held view of President Bush and many in his Administration and
certainly those on the religious "right." This is not to suggest,
however, that you necessarily belong to this camp or the other, but it
is important to provide this context.  Additionally, my response to your
article is not intended to join the debate between Kebba Jobe and you,
in fact, I have not followed it.  The issues you raised in your article
interest me, nonetheless.