GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:42:04 EDT
You know Suntou you are a wonderful man. I know that you are a thoughtful
and charitable person. And the reason I shared the Quiz with you was  two-fold:
1. Given your knowledge in Golf and your inclination thereto, you may not
win all the prizes. But I knew that will not stop you from trying when you have
an opportunity to yield another relief, Ramadan or no Ramadan.
2. I understood you to have a comprehensive knowledge of Islam and the
spirit of Islam. And that if given a choice of charities, you will choose  wisely.

It is said that charity begins at home. No human may overlook need at home
to fulfil need elsewhere. It is beginning at home that we obtain the requisite
training for philanthropy and it is the harbinger of general prosperity. The
frame of mind of Muhammad at all times during his life, and indeed of
Nnabinna  Eesaa, has been that we are all God's children and the most valuable
dispensation for being a Muslim or Christian yields from one's record with your
own parents and family. The only caution we were given is to be discerning of
the hour of diminishing returns. In other words, be open to identifying where
the greater need is. Should that happen to be with your family, then you will
have improved general prosperity of mankind.

This thought goes to the systems approach of sustainable development. We
will have an opportunity to visit that at another time. I just want to commend
you for your choice of charity and it is inspirational.

Please let me know IN Private (phone or email), the name and contact of the
individual you wish to receive the $100.00 on behalf of your family. In honour
 of Ramadan, I wish to triple the amount to $300.00 in order that your
family may share with their neighbors on either side and in front of them. I  await
your notification and thanx in advance. My family and I seek prayers from
you and your family.

Haroun Masoud, MQDT Darbo.