GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:26:48 -0000
Yusupha,

Fact is, I've got more on my plate than I can handle at the moment. Much to
my chagrin and frustration, I simply don't have the time to write a fitting
reply to your petty boyish aspersions. Be warned that that reply will come.
And as much as you keep trying to be-fog the real issue here, even nitwits
will be able to see the real Yusupha Jow when I'm done de-constructing the
facade that you put up here.

Your hypocrisy just ruins my day Yusupha. In the first place, why are you
still pretending that this silly vendetta has anything to do with the three
classes of African-Americans I identified? Despite your pretext, you said at
the time that you're taking issue with me "because of the way I addressed
certain members of this List." Fruedian slip, and the truth! Omar Drammeh in
one of his postings honed on to that fact. Dr. Madiba Saidy, whose forward I
had commented on, tried to explain to you where I was coming from, but you
won't listen. You had to insult and villify me! And when it suits Your's
Petty, you jump up and point to that writing to attack me. YOU kept
attacking me despite my ignoring you. I only responded yesterday because for
whatever reason, my silence emboldened you to come after me DIRECTLY this
past week. And yet, you keep portraying yourself as the victim. Who is the
victim here Yusupha?

Your words "But much has been revealed about some of the deeper divisions
within Gambian society" is really true. I simply cannot stand anyone like
yourself who cannot address any issue with sincerity. Phoniness or anything
without substance isn't my forte'. And your pettiness is becoming legendary.
This whole nonsense started in 1999. You fretted, bitched, whined, griped,
grumbled, and complained about it at the time. I didn't blink. It's 2001
(literally 14/15 months later,) and you still can't get over it. If truth be
told, who has a problem with who "because of where he comes from?" I never
took this issue seriously, which is why I'm amazed that you're still talking
about it.

On the latest issue championed NOT by me BUT Kebba Dampha, you said "Some of
them based on founded reasons and other based on unfounded reasons." Why
don't you tell people which is founded and un-founded about the loot of the
Gambian treasury by GM, Directors, etc under the PPP. Tell this distro why
so many Gambians whose parents were "sponsoring" them in 1994 suddenly had
to abandon school because their money dried out, as soon as Yaya Jammeh
came. Isn't it commonsense that if these people's parents had an independent
source of income, it wouldn't matter who is at the helm. They'll still be
able to continue their education. Please tell this distro what a liar I am
by explaining why such people couldn't go on with school. I'm sure many want
to hear the "unfounded" cases -per KB's and my own assertions.

For the record, I DID NOT make your mother the issue, you did. Since you're
eager to talk about the "relative wealth" of your background, and "where you
come from," I'm only throwing you a life line. Less than two years ago, your
mom was in Yaya Jammeh's cabinet. During her tenure in the cabinet: dozens
of soldiers were executed in cold blood; Koro Ceesay was butchered and
burnt; opposition supporters -including women and children were arrested and
tortured resulting in the death of a pregnant woman; Shingle Nyassi and co
were arrested and tortured in a way reminiscent of slave plantations, etc,
etc.

Question: Where was your voice for social justice then? And your mother's?
Why didn't she resign from this rubber-stamp cabinet?

You see, I'll take you seriously if could show me ONE article that you've
written comdemning the barbarity that was going on while mommy was dining
with the devil. As far as I know, there was a Gambia-L, and other media. One
of the jokes you wrote is to accuse me of hateful writing. You're on record
here wishing Yaya Jammeh dead, just months after he let go of mom. And
you're questioning my sincerity and patriotism. I can provide articles I
wrote back in 1995 and 1996, not only condemning Yaya, but warning of what
will happen if he self-succeeds. At the time, your hypocritical types were
calling me the same crap: "tribalist," "paranoid," "jumping to conclusions",
etc. Today, all you Johnny-Come-Latelys are falling over each other in the
pursuit of credit. What I was saying then is conventional wisdom today!
Maybe the Gambia needs more "tribalists" like myself, don't you think?

Because, I'm in the midst of an unbearable schedule, I gotto go. But, I'll
be interested in getting some answers. In a few weeks time, I hope to be
normal again. I promise you that I'll further explore the fore-going theme,
and the arrogant mindset that leads your types to believe that the tiny
enclave of Fajara is the exclusive domain of a particular group, while
everyone else does not belong. As far as I know, there are people from
Gambissara, Kantora, Tumanna, Niumi, and Banjul living in Fajara. In short:
Aku, Wollof, Fula, Mandingo, Jola etc. Why then, should an analogy like
"Kabada" V. "Fajara" evoke such an outrageous response from anyone. Unless
-and this is VERY important- one has internalized a feeling of "superiority"
and "inferiority" based on where one lives vis-a-vis Fajara. Such that the
"superior" ones are a particular Fajara-resident group, and anything beyond
is "inferior." The great thing about psychology is that such mindset
manifests itself in what is commonly referred to as "a chip on the
shoulder." You wear a very distinct one Yusupha. If you can dare tell others
that they should not post "foreign languages" on a chatroom to which you're
only a guest as that person is, one needs not look any further. I intend to
do an exhaustive discourse on this mental mallaise that  is worse than any
that we're confronted with in that tiny society of ours. We'll see...

And one more thing: I'm still waiting for you to tell this distro how I'm
"the enemy you've seen" because I'm sure if all what you've said about me is
all you've got, your own camp is bound to be disappointed. Please don't tell
me anything as lame as the "let's let bygones be bygones." This forum would
not be useful if we cannot discuss the issues, or people who divide us. So,
let's hear it Yus. I won't disappoint anyone who cares for the truth when
I'm done. So, don't disappoint your people. Watch this space...

Good luck!

Saul.

.  This is what I was getting at originally but I guess I was the only
paranoid soul who was daring enough to speak his/her mind about it.  In the
process, I put myself in the line of fire.  Nevertheless, we either