GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 06:30:36 -0400
Mrs. Christensen-Tasong:

I deeply understood your reply and it is well noted.  I
have talked to several guys that I know in Metro DC area.
Most of them indicated that the symposium would be a
failure.  I welcome criticisms.

We have the same problem here in North Carolina.  Most of
our comrades will criticize, but when it comes to
substance, they will take a back seat.  We are in a long
haul in our struggle.

Ndow and Gomez did not follow protocol when they denied
the UDP substitute to deliver Mr. Darboe's speech.  They
knew before hand that MBallow had Ousainou's speech.  It
is okay to sit on the fence, but it is timid to change
the rules in the middle of the game.

However, I thank them for their efforts.  I hope you can
be part of the organizing committee in the near future.          May I suggest that you reach out  to more  Gambians even        if most are unwilling to your call?  Remember that your doubters will always predict your failure.  We cannot afford to be divisive.  Please let us move on.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh