GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MUSA A.PEMBO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:39:48 -0800
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN

MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, December 15, 2000)

STRIVE MORE IN THE LAST 10 DAYS OF RAMADAN TO EARN ALLAH'S BLESSINGS, MUSLIMS TOLD.

The Imams and Khateebs of the Holy Mosque in Makkah and the Prophet's Mosque in Madina called upon Muslims to fear Allah at all times and seek His forgiveness by doing benevolent deeds.

IN MAKKAH

Sheikh Osama Bin Abdullah Khayyat, Imam and Khateeb at the Grand Mosque in Makkah urged Muslims in his Friday sermon (December 15, 2000) to avail themselves of these blessed days of the holy month of Ramadan and fully devote themselves to worship Allah and do good deeds as much as they can and also refrain from sins and evil acts.

Sheikh Khayyat stressed that the holy month of Ramadan is one of the most glorified seasons for Muslims, especially the last ten days of it, as the Almighty Allah bestows in it His greatest favors and one should exert oneself to perform generous acts which He rewards for in the Hereafter.

Sheikh Khayyat pointed out that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to worship during the last ten days of Ramadan more than at any other time. In this connection, he referred to the Hadith narrated by Aisha. (May Allah be pleased with her) that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to fully dedicate himself to worship Allah.

She continued to say that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to perform a good deal of devotional acts during the last ten days of Ramadan such as prayer in seclusion, supplication, entreating and seeking Allah's blessings.

Sheikh Khayyat elaborated that in addition to this, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to awaken all the members of his family for praying and seclusion. Thus in these last ten days, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to seclude himself from the outside world, so as to be fully engaged in worshiping Allah thoroughly and continued this practice until he breathed his last.

He also called upon Muslims to spend these blessed days in worshipping Allah, reciting the Holy Qur'an and asking for His forgiveness.

Sheikh Khayyat said the last ten days of the holy Ramadan are distinguished for the Night of Power which is better than a thousand months. Thus worshipping Allah in that Night is equal to worshiping Him a thousands months.

Sheikh Khayyat said the Night of Power is the night of honor thus it is worthy for all Muslims to follow the tradition of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as manifested in the devotional supplications, worshipping and seeking Allah's forgiveness. "Thus, who observes the Night of Power seeking Allah's reward, he will be pardoned of all his sins," he added.

IN MADINA

In Madina, the Imam and Khateeb at the Prophet's Mosque Sheikh Abdulbari Awad Al-Thebaiti, in his Friday sermon called upon Muslims to fear Allah in loneliness and amongst the people.

Sheikh A1-Thebaiti thanked Allah for favoring Muslims with the last ten days of the, holy Ramadan during which worshippers feverishly compete among themselves for doing benevolent deeds so as to gain Allah's forgiveness.

He said when a person ponders over the conditions of people, he will notice two kinds of competition, a worthy one and a worthless one. Thus there are some people who compete for worldly matters and gains. However, this type of people just struggle to satisfy their ulterior motives such as to occupy higher ranks, achieve fame and quench their thirst for lust and whims. They indulge in this as if the earthly world is an eternal one.

"Let's leave this category of people drowning in their lust and worldly desire and look into another loftier and more noble competition and purpose preached by the Holy Qur'an," he said.

It is the competition, he said, for seeking Allah's forgiveness, blessings, pardon and reward. It is a competition in the fields of benevolence and obedience so as to gain Allah's reward in the Hereafter," he added.

He pointed out that believers are very much aware of the fact that health does not last long as it can be destroyed by diseases and physical weakness so that eventually a person meets his fate .any day and anytime.

Sheikh Al-Thebaiti urged Muslims to invest the rest of their lives in doing good deeds, particularly in these blessed last ten days of the holy Ramadan during which the Prophet (Peace be upon him) used to keep worshiping Allah and directed his family to seek Allah's reward in this great night when people will be pardoned of their sins.

He also urged Muslims to entreat earnestly seeking Allah's pardon, mercy and forgiveness because the supplications for forgiveness in these days are acceptable and highly appreciated by Allah. He also underlined the honorable competition among the Prophet's companions for good deeds and winning Allah's reward in the Hereafter.

--------------------------------------End------------------------------------

The Holy Qur'an says:

And, (O Muhammad), warn the people of a Day when the punishment will come to them and those who did wrong will say, "Our Lord, delay us for a short term; we will answer Your call and follow the messengers." (But it will be said), "Had you not sworn, before that for you there would be no cessation? (Surah Ibraheem: Ayah 44).

It will not be but one blast, and at once they are all brought present before Us.

So today (i.e., the Day of Judgment) no soul will be wronged at all, and you will not be recompensed except for what you used to do.

Indeed the companions of Paradise, that Day, will be amused in (joyful) occupation-

They and their spouse - in shade, reclining on adorned couches.

For them therein is fruit, and for them is whatever they request (or wish)

(And) "Peace," a word from a Merciful Lord.

(Then He will say), "But stand apart today, you criminals.

Did I not enjoin upon you, O children of Adam, that you not worship Satan - (for) indeed, he is to you a clear enemy -

And that you worship (only) Me? This is a straight path.

And he had already led astray from among you much of creation, so did you not use reason?

This is the Hellfire, which you were promised.

(Enter to) burn therein today for what you sued to deny.

That Day, We will seal over their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their feet will testify about what they used to earn.

And if We willed, We could have obliterated their eyes, and they would race to (find) the path, and how could they see?

And if We willed, We could have deformed them, (paralyzing them) in their places so they would not be able to proceed, nor could they return.

And he to whom We grant long life We reverse in creation; so will they not understand?

(Surah Ya Seen: Ayah 53 to 68)

Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) sayings:

(Hadith)

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "None of you should say: 'O Allah, forgive me if You wish; O Allah, be Merciful to me if You wish.' But he should always appeal to Allah with determinations, for Allah does whatever He wills and nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will." (Sahih Al Bukhari).

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "He who alleviates the suffering of a brother from the afflictions of the world, Allah will alleviate his afflictions from the sufferings of the Day of Resurrection. He who finds relief for one who is hard pressed, Allah will make things easy for hi in the Hereafter. And he who conceals (the faults) of a Muslims, Allah will conceal his faults in the world and in the Hereafter. Allah is at the back of a slave so long as the slave is at the back of his brother. He who treads the path in search of knowledge, Allah will make that path easy, leading to Jannah for him. And those persons who assemble in one of the houses of Allah (Mosques), recite the Book of Allah and learn and teach the Qur'an (among themselves), there will descent upon them tranquility. Mercy will cover them, the angels will surround them and Allah will mention them in the presence of those near Him. He who is slow-paced in doing good deeds, his descent doest not make him ahead." (Sahih Muslim

DU'A (Supplications)

O Allah! Give us a share of Your fear to prevent us from disobeying You, of obedience to guide us for the way to Your paradise and of conviction to relieve us of the burdens of life. O Allah! Let us enjoy our hearing, sight and powers throughout our life span and make it a heritage afterwards. Direct our revenge towards those who were unjust to us and help us against our enemies. Let us not suffer a calamity concerning our religion and make us not take this world as our greatest concern or a goal for our knowledge. Do not punish us for our sins through someone who fears You not and will have no pity on us.

O Allah! We ask You to be pleased with us, reward is with the Paradise and we seek Your refuge from Your anger and punishment of the Fire.

O Allah! We call You to get into paradise and make us closer to it by any act or saying and protect us from Fire and from any act or saying that makes us closer to it.

O Allah! We ask You everything that is good, in this world and the Hereafter, whether we know it or not; and seek Your protection from everything that is bad, in this world and the Hereafter, whether we know it or not.

O Allah! We ask You of the best things asked by Your servant and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Your pious servants. We also seek Your protection from the worst things from which Your Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and pious servants sought Your protection.

O Allah! Forgive us because You love forgiving and You are All-forgiving.

O Allah! Relieve the distressed ones of their worries and the oppressed ones of their troubles. Settle the debts for the indebted persons and give cure to the sick, whether they are blood brothers or brothers in Islam.

O Allah! We ask You at this instant not to let a sin unforgiven, a distress unrelieved, an illness unhealed or a handicapped without relief, a dead without mercy or a debt unsettled. We ask You to guide those who have gone astray and to defeat our enemies and accept repentances and to leave no learned as ignorant and help the (Mujahideen) fighters in Your way, and make our sons good believers and cover our effects and make the truth clear. O Allah by Your mercy! Make things easy for us and help us do anything that pleases Your and is good for us in this world and the Hereafter.

O Allah! Set right our religion that guards our souls from sins, make this world where we live better for us and make the Hereafter to where we return better for us, let life be a cause for more good and let death put an end to any evil that may befall on us. O Allah! Give us piety and purify our souls. You are Master and the Lord of souls. O Allah we seek Your guard from vain knowledge, lack of Your fearing and from having an unsatisfiable soul and an unanswered supplication.

O Allah! Repel tyrants by tyrants and keep us safe from their tyranny.

O Allah! Purify our hearts, cover our defects, forgive our sins and let the last of our deeds be the best. O Lord of the worlds.

O Allah! Let us be satisfied with the Halal (permissible) and dispense with the Haram (not permissible). Enrich us with Your favors so that we won't be in need of anyone else.

Earn abundant reward from Allah Subhanawatala:

Spread the Message of Allah

IF YOUR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES WANT A COPY OF ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF FRIDAY SERMON (JUMMAH KHUTBA DELIVERED AT MAKKAH AND MADINA) EVERY WEEK BY EMAIL, PLEASE SEND THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES TO:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I will include all addresses sent to me for inclusion, and I will send them a copy of the Jummah Khutba. However, if any recipient doesn't want to receive Friday Sermon, he/she can write to me. The name will be removed from the Friday Sermon mailing list promptly.

Some of our Brothers and Sisters, who were receiving more than one copy of the same Jummah Khutba, please note that I have rectified the double entries. If any of you still receiving, kindly notify me, I will correct it. Thank you. Jazaak Allah Khair.

Dear Brothers and Sisters!

You can visit my new web sites to read latest Friday Sermon from the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madina and other articles of interest. http://www.kjharoonbasha.com

http://www.jummah.homepage.com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX