GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:03:16 -0800
Wash, Rinse, Repeat

We all come into this world with spiritual defects that need
correcting. These imperfections have accrued over previous lifetimes,
and we cannot rid ourselves of their negative influences until they
are mended.

Sometimes we lack the emotional courage and spiritual strength to
correct all of our flaws. What’s more, our egos use many devious
tactics against our own best interests.

One of the most potent of these tactics is CYNICISM: the sense that
chaos is unavoidable and any possibility of escaping such a condition
should not even be thought about by an intelligent human being. This
is a convenient evasion of the hard work of spiritual transformation.
It allows us to see ourselves as eternally blameless victims, rather
than as responsible beings who are thoroughly accountable for the
state of our own lives.

There are two ways to cleanse in life: pain or proactive spiritual
transformation. The path of pain hurts the body—our health, our
finances, our personal lives. When someone experiences sickness or
poor health, if they lose a business or go broke, if a marriage
breaks up, or if there is heartache from children, this is all
considered spiritual cleansing.

The path of proactive spiritual transformation only hurts the ego.

This week, the spiritual forces at play in your life will be
supporting you to focus upon YOUR EGO, thus allowing you to purify
and repair past iniquities in a merciful manner. By meditating on the
letters below, you are essentially pushing “REWIND” and “ERASE” on
your spiritual video. You are purifying your present life by
correcting transgressions from your lives in the past.

Prayer for the Week:

I am cleansing my soul. By concentrating on the names of G-d, I am
purifying iniquities from previous lives. If sickness, heartache,
financial woes or other problems should arise, I will use them to
cleanse impure actions from the past that still cling to me. As I
allow the Light to envelope my physical and spiritual realms, I am
becoming free from the burdens of prior incarnations.

http://mail.yahoo.com