GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:19:26 EDT
Lamin Ceesay(?)):

I saw your post this weekend but decided but unfortunately I had other
commitments.  This is the reason why you did not receive a response from me
earlier.

In the interim, Katim Touray's post did conclusively show that our country
does not have the highest doctor to patient ratio in the World.  So, we need
not revisit those points.  However, I would like you to tell us how you
reached the ratio of 250 to 1?

But I would like to address other issues.  A few weeks ago, you were Corporal
Lamin Ceesay, a West Virginia resident with a poor grasp of English and a
marked disdain for our resident military tactician, Ebou Colley.  You even
reminded Colley of particular instances when he disciplined you for not
saluting him.

However, as the weeks went by, your written prose markedly improved and began
to remarkably mirror that of the formerly much maligned ESSA BOKARR SAYE.
When brother Hamjatta, pointed this transformation to the list, you flew into
a rage and proceeded to rain invectives on him.

If as I suspect, you are indeed the much maligned and erratic former envoy to
France, then you are a remarkable fellow.  Before leaving us a few months
ago, you publicly stated that you would be leaving for good.  Despite this,
we have been still been subject to the cyber guerrilla tactics of Essay Saye
under various 'nom de guerres' since then.  Prominent in my mind are Alieu
Keita, who got delisted for unbecoming language; Jerreh Jarju, who
disappeared after a failed attack on Saul Khan; and now we have Lamin Cessay.
 Brother, when will these less than honorable tactics stop?

I do pray that you come out into the open.  This, because we already know who
you are.  Gambians are very forgiving people, and aside from a few scattered
chortles, you shall, not only be forgiven, but welcome back with open arms.

Have a nice day in Taipei brother.

BTW: Have they been recognized as a country by the UN yet.  If not, does this
make you an ambassador or representative of The Gambia.  Far cry from Paris,
eh?

Yus