GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alieu Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:28:53 -0000
Brother Mbye Sey,

I totally agree with you that it was to Muhammad (Sallalahu Allaihi Wasallam) that the five daily prayers were prescribed. But I guess what the Brother wanted to say was when 50 daily prayers were given to our Holy Prophet(S.A.W), on his way back to the Earth, Prophet Musa(Allaihi Salam) told him 50 daily prayers was going to be  too difficult for his(Muhammad`s) Ummah; and so he had to go back and request Allah (Subhanahu Wat`ala) to reduce the frequency from 50 to 5 daily prayers.

May Allah forgive me if what I am saying is the wrong story.

Wallahu Alam(Allah knows Best).

Many thanks brother Mbye Sey, May Allah guide and bless us...amen!

Alieu