GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:00:22 -0400
Hello OMAR,
That was well said and I just wanted to add my two cents.You don't have
to be at home to contribute to the development of the GAMBIA.You can be
anywhere in the world and still be part of the betterment of our dear
country.As Ndey said it in her posting,you don't have to be an
intellectual to be part of this process.We are all responsible and
should do something about it.I, personally know some people in the
diaspora,who have been sponsoring poor kids at home by paying their
school fees.Also, there are many progressive organizations like
GESO,Gambia Foundation,and
Gambia Support Group that are sending books,computers...which are badly
needed at home.So,let's all try to be part of the solution by doing what
we can.
Weyeh.