GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bubacar Sankanu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:08:00 GMT
Dear Sir,

May you kindly subscribe Mr. Muhammed T. Susso of Hamburg, Germany. His
email reads  [log in to unmask]

Thanks
BS

postings for them to be distributed to the list.  This is because Momodou
Camara, one of the list managers, changed the list setting earlier today
(Mon., May 29) to what it was before I changed it to require
confirmation of postings.  There have been a number of postings on the issue in the
past few days, mainly objecting to it, and asking whether or not it
serves a purpose anymore.

> The fact of the matter is that the topic of the confirmation
procedures, and other matters relating to Gambia-L management has been under
review by Gambia-L managers.  Our deliberations have however proceeded at a
rather slow pace, and I must say that I take full responsibility for
that.  Please accept my apologies for the relatively long time it's taken
to resolve the issue.

> The delay in resolving the list posting procedures also prompted a
number of people to suggest that I have been a dictator (make that a
capital "D"!).  I can understand why some people might be impatient with me,
even upset, and for that reason, I harbor no hard feelings at what
they've said about me, wrong as they are.  I have no problems with people
saying whatever they want to about me, because in the end, the facts will
speak for themselves.

> May I mention that I will be responding to a number of other issues
that have been mentioned on the list, that I just haven't been able to
get to.  In particular, Hamjatta Kanteh expressed his displeasure at my
remark about the "Kairo" CD released by Arch records in The Gambia.  As it
happens, I am very passionate about music, and I will in time try to
send a response as sober, and respectful, as I can come up with.  Until
then, please bear with me.

> I guess that's about it for now.  Have a great week, and best
wishes.

> Katim

Gambia-L
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html