GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 06:52:26 -0400
Brother Joe:

I want to take this time in thanking you on the weekly
update for the election fund drive.  Your persistence
will pay off one day.

I must admit that this week has been interesting on the
L.  We have spent valuable time debating about the
Touray debacle.  I just cannot believe most of the
comrades in support of the UDP expulsion of Hon. Touray
have not yet contributed to the fund drive.  I wonder
why all the talk and no action.

We just cannot exhibit intellectual know how without
sacrificing few dollars to our struggle.  These actions
my some of the comrades clearly indicate an agency
theory.  We are determined to maximize the profits (win)
of the opposition, but some of us are bent of the desire
of individualism.

Dr. Saine indicated that he would call friends who still
have not contributed to our fund drive.  I therefore want
to borrow a page from him and call on the following
people to send in their contributions: Messrs Lamin Manneh,
Kebba Dampha, Sanusi Owens, Bamba Laye Jallow, Yahya
Darboe, Momodou Olly Mboge, Hamjatta Kanteh and the rest
of the gang.  We must match our intellectual zeal with
our pockets.  We just cannot do the talk and don't
do the walk.  I therefore urge the above to send in their
contributions.  We can only be serious about our
opposition to the dictatorship in The Gambia when we are
willing to contribute.

Please leave your address on the next weekly update.  I
will be sending in my monthly unspent miscellaneous
expense.  I am budgeting to deduct a $10 weekly personal
expense for the fund drive initiative.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh