GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:40:23 +0000
"That a boy"!  However, my opening remark was rhetorical and not directed at
anyone per se.  But all the same it is for the better.  I know I robbed you
the wrong way the last time we had a volley over your uncle and I may still
be in your dog house as I write.  Thus, I'll stay the hell away from New
York or where ever you reside, to spare me a butt whooping.

Now, brother Madiba, let's honestly review your uncle's journey and can you
honestly tell us that you were not disappointed with your uncle's move?  As
a Gambian and all things aside, how can your uncle con all those that held
him in high esteem?  I have been reliably informed by many he discussed with
in private, the many sensitive issues they philosophized over, only to wake
up and realize that they were in essence discussing with Jammeh, through
Morro.  Is it unreasonable for one to suspect that Morro volunteered some of
those confidential info. to Jammeh?  I think not.  Since you talk to him,
ask him about the countless folks he was in contact with, privately, in the
name of professional exchange?

As you can tell from our last exchange on the issue, I was disappointed that
you, in my opinion, would side with a relative at the expense of the people.
  I had thought that your politics was more informed than that, and so was
very taken aback by your choice to side with Morro, in the face of the
corruption and abuse that Gambians suffer under the Gambian Dix, Jammeh.
Yes, you are not responsible for his actions, but at least we expected your
counsel.  With his firing, are you now convinced that joining Jammeh is bad
news for anyone?  What did you think of Jammeh, before and after the hiring
of your uncle?  Good, bad, ugly?  Pardon me for some of my assumptions that
you may find offensive, but I'm really trying to understand what you really
think of Morro's move, in relation to the Gambian situation and the Gambian
Dix.

Chi Jaama

Joe