GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karamo Tamba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:04:02 PDT
     It is a pity for a religious leader like Imam Fatty to advocate against
Family Planning.  It is my utmost belief that neither Islam nor any other
religion is against the use of condoms and other birth controls.  The
introduction of Fankanta, the Mandinka name for self protection, is a
measure to curb the expontential population growth.  Increase in the
population growth without any corresponding increase in the resources to
cater for them has negative repercusions. Famine, wars, diseases and other
social vices are always associated with exploding growth in population.
     I am sorry to say that Imam Fatty, Babanding Drammeh are speaking out
of sheer ignorance rather that preaching the words of Allah and Prophet
Muhammed (PBUH).
     It is a choice we the younger generation have to make. The best thing
is abstain from premarital sex. However, as good as it is, it's almost
impossible. The only alternative is to use Fankanta.
             Safe Sex or no Sex!!!
Adios