GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:27:21 -0700
Fye Samateh,
            thank you for your contribution.

Myself among many gambians have this at the back of
our minds,that Gambia is a sovereign country.We
gambians own the country.No single individual own the
country therefore,we should not allow any body to
enslave us.
It is inaccurate for someone to have the believe that
Gambians cannot sit together and work out something.

It is sad to see some people on the L lost their
initial credibility and degenerated into a permanent
charade.

Today our nation slides perilously towards a near
certain political abyss,it is urgent that all of us
who by destiny are wedded to our land and it's people
marshal our efforts into a singular front focused on
building and nurturing a vibrant democracy.Our country
cannot survive another term of brute tyranny.

I have no doubt UDP,NRP and PDOIS can each conclude
that their collective strength would offers the most
efficient route to restoring true democracy in the
Gambia.

On the New York meeting: Hamadi Banna need to be
commended for his balance coverage of the UDP
meeting.There was no bias or irresponsible
reporting.He was clear and justifiably in calling for
a transformational politics that would bring the best
for our people.He is the type of decent person who is
fit to mediate between political parties.
Banna keep it up.
Saihou

=== message truncated ===