GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Annika Renberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:56:44 +0200
Friends,

this is a copy of a mail to BBC Focus on Africa that was sent to me by a good friend in The Gambia. I don't know if it was aired but the initiative is good./

Annika

Please BBC allow me to air my view about the continuous detention of Momodou
Ousman Sarho (Dumo).Lt Lalo Jaiteh, Lt Omar Darbo, Ebriama Jabo, Momodou
Marena, and other, seven of them were arrested intielly and now one of them
is on bail ad the granting of bail to him was not known to his laywer even,
with that one can imagine that somthing wrong with the justice of the
Gambia. the Gambian government, The minister of Justice and the president
particular are just putting a deaf ear to these peoples case.

BBC could you imagine since March 12 2001, these people are held at the mile
2 prison, they are not taken to court since after ruling of the court that
there should three man judge sitting together for the case and this welcome
by all of us.

The saddest thing about these people is they have being accuse of treason
and according to the government they have evidence against them, Please for
God sake bring your so call evidence to court and let the trial begins and
if you want let it be televise for every one to see your so call accusation.

Yaya Jammeh remember that you have never in your life dreamt that you will
one day be call his excellency let alone president, the state of injustice
in the Gambia is beyond measures, and nobody is doing anything about
it,every one is affair b'cos the NIA are around to pick you and lock you up,
b'cos that what is happening. I am appealing to Amnesty International, human
rights group all the world to please do some thing about these people,
b'cos it is high time. It will be one year June 24 for Dumo.

Concern Gambian