GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:36:16 EST
Aunty Jabou,
       A very astute observation. The  conscience of our nation has to be
rekindled. The moral and compassionate values  of our society needs to be
regained. We should become conscious of all the  mistakes of the past, the lessons
that ought to be learnt, and strive to build  again our nation block by block.

       The situation of the Opposition is  heart wrenching, and is not
helping in the cause to uproot an entrenched and  consolidated political
establishment. We have a cankerworm in our society,  that needs not only to be removed
but to assure that it will never recur  again.

       Let us build a society where it will  never be necessary to stage a
coup. Let us build a society where the democratic  safeguards, including
presidential term limits, will become the fundamental  bases upon which our political
structures are built.

        Let all the interest groups for  once subordinate their interest to
the yearnings, the good intentions, and  the protracted struggles of the many
who are tirelessly working to usher in the  dawn of a new day for our country.

        In the absence of a united  opposition that can wrestle the mantle of
power from the ruling  government, the aspirations of expanding the
democractic space, open all  public media to dissenting views, purge all obnoxious laws
electoral and  constitutional from the body politics, will remain an
illusion. So there is  so much stake.

        Rene

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい