GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:31:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/01 8:48:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> . Ms. Joh, I
> categorically asked you several times to articulate PDOIS economic policies
> for us and reconcile thus with your entrepreneurial spirit. No answer apart
> from that I should know. I know PDOIS policies. I also know that you do NOT
> understand PDOIS policies. That is why I want to expose your ignorance. How
> are we going to solve our groundnut problem? How are we going to solve our
> foreign exchange problem? How are we going to solve our inflation problem?
> How are we going to put medicine in our hospitals? How are we going to
> educate our children?

Dampha,

Why are you so preoccupied about what PDOIS' programs will be regarding these
issues? Do you need some original ideas to use perhaps? It seems to me that
if your candidates have all the answers and these are all expressed through
you and others, instead of the real players as it appears so far, then just
stick with it, instead of asking time and again what PDOIS' ideas are in the
areas you mentione.

I think you know very well that the people in PDOIS are more than capable of
putting together a program to address all of our problems in Gambia and quite
impressivley too, without pulling the wool over anyone's eyes, and while
putting our resources to good use, and uplifting every aspect of our lives
for the better.

On the other hand, you say you and others have come up with numerous ideas
that the people you support can implement, and yet you always say that your
contributions are just suggestions, right? Well, then perhaps it is high time
that the actual candidates you support step up to the podium and present
their program of action vis a vis these particular issues, instead of leaving
it to you and others who say they are merely giving suggestions.

Meanwhile, some of us are not talking machines who think that we are the only
ones who posses all of the answers. Thinking and sincere people know that
formulating possible solutions for our problems are done by a team effort
when the actual time arrivews, calling on the expertise of professionals and
politicians alike to study all of the issues, and then map out possible
solutions which are then implemented.

This nonsense of coming up with volumes of ready made solutions is not
realistic unless one confronts the problems and tackles all of the
challenges. So it is empty headed loudmouths who engage in spewing out
endless lists of solutions off the top of their heads. We will leave you to
that.

I believe that PDOIS has indicated the areas in which they will try to bring
about meaningful changes if given the mandate to do so. Like the thinking
people they are, they will not go about spewing out volumes of empty
solutions before studying and tackling the different problems.Empty rhetoric
is very easy to dispense Dampha, so carry on.

As far as my understanding or lack of understanding of the economic policies
of PDOIS, let me worry about that. i am sure that anyting that is not done
for self gain is not something you will ever comprehend, and this is the very
reason that you and i are not in the same camp..

You seem to be working hard to change my mind about PDOIS, and I wonder why.
Now, umless you are vying for the position of campaign manager for PDOIS, I
would urge you to continue this tirade that suggests you are afraid to let
people think for themselves., but make no mistake, they are thinking, and the
more people like you talk endlesly, the more they do so. You just keep
talking Dampha.

Meanwhile, PDOIS has presented their position, and when they have something
of essence to say to the people again, they will do so without your prompting
thanks.

Jabou Joh