GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:47:28 -0400
The useful point that Yus continues to make, which BTW you conveniently
>ignore, is that Internet access for poor rural folks without food in their
>bellies - who are in fact owed millions by the gov't because their groundnut
>produces were taken from them and money in lieu is not readily forthcoming
>from the gov't - is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek. The point is NOT that
>internet access is a rarefied thing for affluent urban folks only; and rural
>folks shouldn't have access to it. The point, however, IS that when you live
>in "abject poverty" - as you readily admitted in one of your correspondences
>- without access to good food, clean water and good electricity supply,
>internet access becomes something of a privilege

PS: If a person is NOT honest with himself, lies to himself ALL THE TIME,
then folks who else would he not lie to? Get my drift? What a distinguished
knucklehead! Did I say INCONSIDERATE too? Our farmers are starving and you want to sell them internet access! How can you shut down someone's well and then turn around and sell them water. Are these folks OK.Good grief!
May God bless the Gambia.