GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
baboucar kolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:51:41 -0500
Mr. Camara,

Thank you so much for this message. I hope and pray that Mr. Sallah and
PDOIS will take a careful look at the following remark from you:

"Quite frankly i think it will be easier to engage your brothers in the
opposition parties then some of their die hard followers.So any little
change of opinion there in secured will translate to a wide margin of puplic
awareness. There are peolple and many of them i might add that will not even
listen to you just because it is not coming from their leader or this.But if
what you stand for is inparted in their leader they will hold on to it with
all their heart.As frustrating as that maybe be it is true in African
politics."

It is definitely easier to engage the opposition leaders than the opposition
itself, if you know what I mean. The leaders as a representative of their
followers will no doubt make a decision that will lead their followers to
the best of options available. PDOIS will have to ganner many more years of
civil education to put the crux of their point across but only a few hours,
or days maximum, to log heads with these opposition leaders in the present
circumstances. PDOIS will no doubt play a very crucial part of an opposition
coalition. Being part of such an alliance will not only help to put the
Gambia in a better political atmosphere, but will also help booat PDOIS
position vis-a-vis other parties. I know Mr. Sallah will not subcribe to
that notion but it is the fact. People will tend to see PDOIS in a different
light once they join hands with others. That will help to destroy a common
notion that PDOIS is an outliner in Gambia's political game.

Good night.

Babs