GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 21:23:53 -0000
People,
Strong minds do not fume when faced with opposing views. They do not hijack
the masses' sense of judgment and call them feeble minds. The tyranny tag
pasted on Jemus' forehead is disguised in some of us. Give us the
opportunity and we will break his record! Self- intellectual grandeur means
bull to the farmer in Njolfen. He is more concerned about how to get his
'kobo' for the family 'chereh' - tonight's dinner! Coming forth with some
methodology to improve his lot should be the agenda. In our crusade to
exhibit ourselves as 'intellectual dinosaurs' we easily lose sight of the
most fundamental needs of those whom we claim to defend. To task of the day:
in my humble opinion Lawyer Darboe should make a complete U-turn, back to
Dumbutu(Kiang). The money to be used for his trip to DC should go to combat
voter-apathy, more female-participation on the UDP platform(female-friendly
attitude), employ party members to see to correct voter-registration, and of
course why not buy some votes? can anyone enlighten me on how Darboe's
presentation in DC is going to motivate voters in Kiang make history, come
October? Let Darboe visit DC after the elections to celebrate victory! There
is work to be done on the ground. Resources and efforts should be channeled
to where they are most needed. The same goes for the other opposition
leaders. On a concluding note, if finding rolls of empty rhetoric boring,
means being a 'mental midget' then the majority of our populace are 'mental
midgets' of the first order(They are bored to death by rhetoric, more after
actions to improve their lot not words). I am honored to hold high their
banner, marching alongside towards our freedom. Long live 'the mental
midgets' both on the L and in the Gambia. We are our own liberators, we
cannot depend on the cyber dinosaurs. Still calling on volunteers to be
ready to lay down dear life and save the nation, without an ant sneezing!
Minos.