GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:48:18 EST
Mr Manneh,

 l concurr on some of the points you have raised here. Thanks.

Jabou

In a message dated 12/27/99 7:19:42 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hi Jabou, I really don't like Halifa's political style and i believe that
he
 won't be a good president. However, i have great respect for his examplary
 sacrifice and devotion to improve the political, economical and social
 wellbeing of his people. I just don't agree with  the way he thinks certain
 things needs to be done but if all the Dr.s and graduate Gambians go back
 home and be like Halifa, Waa Juwara, Single Nyassi and Sidia Jatta, they
 will make a big difference. I mean a significant difference that will avert
 the present atrocities of Jammeh's regime to a respectable government of the
 people. Making America and Euroupe as a sanctuary will hardly help the
 situation.

 Although Halifa often sides with the present regime for reasons best known
 to him, he still deserves a big commendation from all Gambians and support
 from people who believe in "Halifaism". He is really great!

 With great esteem for honest interlectuals serving their people in this
 unpleasant situation.
 PF Manneh