GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 06:06:19 -0400
Comrades:

I support the Manneh Kunda Kabilo in Brufut in appealing
to the dictator to rescind land given to Taft.  Where on
earth does a self proprietor get historical land for his own
enrichment?  What right does the illegal government have
in intimating that land in Kombo Central, Kombo South and
Kombo North belong to the state?  This kind of law is
unfair to the farmers in Kombo.

This kind of law is about to cause division in The Gambia.
Why pass a law at the detriment of farmers who are
denied the right to earn a decent living?  Why not make this
law unilateral in claiming all the land in The Gambia state
land?

As we struggle to get our country back, we must also ask
the opposition parties' position on this controversial                      allocation of historical land.  What will they do in a
situation where an entrepreneur is given the liberty to
claim a hard working kabilo's land?  What right does Mr. Njie
have in enriching himself at the expense of The Gambian
farmer?

If land in the three effected areas of Kombo is use to
capacity, will the illegal government move to Kombo East,
Foni West, Foni Bintang, Foni Bondali, Foni Kansala and Foni
Jarrol?  Will the illegal government claim to have
title to land in Kiang East, Kiang Central and Kiang West?
As we move towards Fatoto, will the illegal government claim
land in Jarra East, Jarra Central and Jarra West?  Will it
steal land in Niamina, Fuladou, Niani, Jimara, Kantora, Sami,
Tumanna, Basse, Wulli, Nianija, Saloum, Upper Badibou, Central
Badibou, Lower Badibou, Njain Sanjal, the Nyomis and Jokadou?
Comrades this is very disturbing.

The dictator should reconsider stealing the Manneh Kunda
Kabilo land to benefit a single entrepreneur.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency