GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 20:10:59 +0000
Africans wake up!  Gambians wake up!  Since when does a President, any
President, has more money than the state?  This is someone who patented
nothing his whole life, yet still he has been donating to the state for the
past seven years.  What is wrong with us?  If anything, can't our people at
the very least acknowledge that the guy is a thief?  What are the opposition
parties doing about this?  I hope they register their voice and tell the
organizations and countries poised to donate to the Gambia, to put it on
hold until we know where all this money is coming from.  Does this make any
sense, that our country is continuously begging from the outside, yet still
we have Yaya dishing out money all over the place.  This is why I say that
those that donate to us do not care about corruption in Africa.  On a person
to person level, would any of you give me a dime if I should beg you when at
the same time you see me dishing out money all over the place?  The
reasonable thing for anyone to do is to question my need compared to my
behavior.  Yeh, I know, you do not have proof that it is our money.  Then,
Sherlock, where did he get money he is dishing out?  We are not talking
about fish money here.  And we say we are about truth.  Shame on us for
aiding the plunder of our coffers and scared to death for not speaking out.
Please read on.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

Jammeh sends new generator to Jarra

Hundreds of APRC supporters on Sunday converged at Soma to inaugurate a new
generator donated by the President Jammeh after seven days of electricity
blackout in Jarra. A new 1.3 KVA generator was escorted by Honourable Baba
Jobe with a high powered delegation of high ranking APRC loyalists. In a
brief statement Honourable Jobe described the generator as a special offer
by the president towards easing the plight of the people of Jarra. He said
the generator represents a tip of the iceberg in relation to the promises
and pledges the Gambian leader made to the people of Jarra West. According
to her the new generator will start operating in the soonest possible time.
Honourable Jobe called on the people of Jarra West to rally behind President
Jammeh as his government strives to develop The Gambia. He described
President Jammeh as a development oriented leader whose has the genuine
interest of the country at heart. Famara Pakaya Fofana a former exile who
recently declared his support for the APRC party called on the people of
Jarra West to associate themselves with the government, which is out to
better the lives of every Gambian. “I want to made it clear that I am with
the APRC and so are members of my family. I will also want all my well
wishers to cross carpet to the ruling APRC. What we are witnessing here
cannot be done by the opposition” he posited. Present at the occasion were
the Commissioner Omar Sanneh, Honourable Foday Sarr, Chief Yaya Jarjusey and
many others.