GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Thomas Forster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:30:25 +1200
I was rather sceptical about this email....
So I went straight to the webpage and had a look for some more info.
Guess what I found on the FAQ (http://www.sallyjr.com/faq.html) page;

Sally listens:
Rumor has it that the president of Proctor and Gamble said that he was
associated with the Church of Satan. This show supposedly aired on March 1,
1998. I would appreciate more information if you have any, perhaps a tape of
the show if available. If this is a hoax, please let me know.

Sally Sez:
The president of Proctor & Gamble has NEVER appeared on the SALLY JESSY
RAPHAEL show, nor, to our knowledge, did he ever make the remarks attributed
to him as described in the e-mail that is currently being circulated.
(Furthermore, we have not offered transcripts nor videotapes for several
years and have not been at the address listed in the e-mail for over a
year.)
According to Proctor & Gamble, the rumor you refer to started almost 20
years ago and is totally false. For more information, please go to:
http://www.pg.com/about/overview/facts.htm and/or:
http://www.pg.com/rumor/index.html, where a letter from our executive
producer is posted.