GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
rm ilevakam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 12:15:38 GMT
Enough Of This Impersonation Rummages!

You know I hate to interrupt since our focus now should be on repairing the
damage that's already been done to the innocence of our
beloved country, yet I am continously been interrupted by some of  you
"puppets" who just can't seem to get enough of this impersonation
garbage. As far am concern, I would not call that an impersonation.
Look around you, look at your friends,co-workers,everybody in the eye,
already, read between the lines, suddenly you will get a glimpse of
who the REAL IMPERSONATORS are. Don't believe every thing you read,
always question the knowledge.  We have a Director of  TV and Radio in
The Gambia  working under the government that murdered more than 12
innocent children,  im*per*son*at*ing as Concern Mediator, we have an
Ambassador im*per*son*at*ing as  Born-Again Poet, and then you have
those, you know who you are, im*per*son*at*ing as someone who really
cares about what's going on in The Gambia,discretely knowing that all
they can do is create more euphoric trauma and  complacently do
nothing when it's time to act.  These my friends are the type I would
label  " IM*PER*SON*ATORS  " for lack of a better word.

Most of you know what transpired so why dwell on it. I said I did it,
I wrote that e-mail and indicated what my motive was and I admitted it
was not the way I  normally would have reacted had I realize the lack
of sense of humor from some of  the list members, but hey I apologized
to the entire List and to Tombong Saidy. But the same lack of
democracy that is plaguing our nation is at it's best right here on
the L and as result List Manager's decided to delist my subscription.
Well, afterall Mr Saidy is a dignitary so  he won. What is interesting
enough is that what I had done is nowhere close to the crimes these
so-called  dignitaries  have committed . The message I tried to send
was for Mr Saidy to get a feel for what it's like to have fabricated
information, information may I add had some half-truth, which by the
way was disseminated right here on the L by people that seem to know
this man, and since Mr Saidy was giving list members fabricated
information/ disinformation , I figured the situation would have been
mutual. I guess I went too far in making point. Keep in mind I ONLY
did this unfortunately to Mr Saidy, no one else.Regrettably, it was
uncalled for.

For some of you legal advisors who thought what I did was incriminating I
couldn't help but puke.Fabricating and disseminating
false information to the tax-payers of any country as a Director of TV
and Radio is a very serious offense. It is perjury ,obstruction of
justice and to say the least abuse of power.Because only if  you know
how I did it what I did, will you see what my intention was, no  hack
trails. I admit sending an e-mail with similar address as Mr Saidy but
similar and exactly the same are two completely different arguments.
Are you telling me that anyone who made fun of President Clinton's
misconduct committed a crime. Suppose I hacked into Mr Saidy's personal
computer stole his e-mail address and password and then
impersonate him, then I'll probably  start calling my lawyer but that,
ladies and gentlemen ,is NOT what happened . I will NOT stoop that
low. I simply use one of the oldest tricks in the books. Trust me I
know enough to be dangerous but I know enough to know better. And by
that I mean am simply not a cyber-criminal/hacker whatever you wanna
call it. There are rules to this sh**. I've worked at some very
high-tech high-security companies and needless to say have all the
tools -password ,access and the whole nine yards but It never crossed my
mind to do otherwise. Unlike most people, such as our hand-
picked dignitaries who would risk it all to get rich, I chose the
lifestyle of a very humble and hardworking young man. I work for every
penny I have and have never committed a single crime in my entire life. My
conscience and more importantly, my upbringing supersedes
that type of self-destruction.

One thing I noticed is that this incident increases the awareness of
some of the tech-newbies that you just can't afford to be too careful
in this Information Age. The list managers have learnt some security
glitches and have beefed up their security maybe a little of a burden
to subscribers. But I must further alert you that even though I don't
condone to that type of behavior, it is possible to expect the worst
for I know for a fact that  I could be sittting here seeing everything
you doing while online and worst crash you system remotely.But just
because I know how to these things does NOT mean my conscience will
let me. Be aware that the internet is not a very friendly place as it
seems. This brings me to why I agree with many of you that the need to
police the list only puts a burden to the list members. Leave it at
our very own consciences as mature people and implement rules ,and I
don't mean vagrant rules, that list members can go by if anything
else. I said it before and I 'll say it again , people can subscribe
at any time they wan't. The same people that unsubscribed Mr Makaveli
are the same people that re-subscribed him unknowingly. If you look
loser in the mirror, you will see that username is Mr Makaveli spelled
backwards so there is not need for all this. Let's forgive and forget
and move on towards building a better Gambia than we currently have.
                                           Again,I stood corrected,
                                           Mr Makaveli.

We've Got To Fight, Fight For Our Rights.......Bob Marley..Seen!!!

JAMMEH AND HIS 'CRIME TEAM'  MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!