GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:08:01 +0100
the companion of the prophet of Islam ,Ali (may Allah be please with him ) refuse to take a second wife during his marriage with Fatima (may Allah be please with her) .This was some thing unprecedented at the time ,the story stated.many men at that time have more than one wife due to wars and the spread of Islam.but Ali a hero in Islamic history did not marry another wife apart from Fatima even though he has the capabilities to do so .WHY WAS THIS ? many students of Islam and Islamic sciences wonder about his reason .
  but who can answer that question better than Ali himself ? according to the narrations ,Ali's main reason for not marrying a second wife was'' for fear of being unjust and unfair if he take another woman''.he loved Fatima (may Allah be please with her) so much he couldn't possibly be neutral if he took another wife .
  The reason Ali was famously known as the gate of knowledge may have some thing to do with his wisdom and good judgements.
  the Quran tell us ,''men can marry up to four wives''  .that permissibility comes with responsibility and a very big warning .careless marrying one woman after another just because one have money and fame is dangerous.it is very easy to incur God's wrath through irresponsible marrying of many wives.

  The wisdom we can take from Ali is that ,if we know for a fact that we cannot be fair or treat two or three or four wives equally ,than it is save and wise to stick with one .let no pressure push you into taking another and then you later discover ,you cannot maintain the balance .Life is too short to misuse .
  In conclusion ,Ali (may Allah be please with him )later remarry after Fatima (may Allah be please with her )passed away .and he even took second wife later run in his lief but this all happen after he mourned the death of his beloved wife Fatima Bentu Sara .

  Men's .let heed to the wisdom's of our early leaders ,we may be protected from many vices.
  May Allah forgive us for our imperfections and put us on the straight path .amen.
  it is also wise for us to desist from laying a finger on our spouses ,that is a dangerous practise ,talking and discussing can solve many precarious circumstances.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい