GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:41:21 +0200
"Dampha Kebba" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Forget me for a moment. There are other people (including genuine victims
in
> this case) that partook in the discussions we have had about this case on
> G_L. Did Jaiteh stop to think about those people before he sent his
> ill-advised mails to G_L? How would you feel if you are tirelessly trying
> help your brother or your friend to get out of jail and have someone like
> Jaiteh come on G_L (for the whole world to see) and tell you that you are
> going about it the wrong way; thus laying the ground work for you to be
> blamed when things go wrong later? Worst still, Jaiteh does not back up
what
> he is saying. I hope Jaiteh reads between the lines of what I am trying to
> say. I hope he realizes that there are other victims in this case that do
> not need further grief; people that do not need to live with the guilt
that
> they helped incarcerate their friends and family members. Both George
Sarr,
> Kabir and Ebrima Ceesay can attest to the fact that I do not discuss
> everything about this case on G_L. I am NOT trying to give the impression
> that I know anything bombastic about the case. What I am trying to say is
> that I think about the repercussions of my postings on the case before I
> dispatch them. In other words, Jaiteh is NOT dealing here with an
> irresponsible person that is indifferent to the plight of Dumo et al.
> Nothing in my writings suggest that I have jeopardized this case or would
do
> so in future. So, Jaiteh's fears are unfounded....

KB,

I just came in and saw this posting. Even though I have not yet read other
related postings, I can attest to the fact that it was several months ago,
when Dumo and others were first brought to court and I was forwarding some
mails from Annika to the L, that you wrote to me privately and cautioned me
about the sensitiviy of certain info and the imprudence of divulging such in
a public forum like the L.

Not only did I feel grateful about being made wiser by this but also
appreciated the manner in which you did it - in a privatel mail and
explaining why. I for one, do not have an iota of doubt about the
genuineness of your sincerity both in this particular case and the wider
struggle to restore basic human decency to our society. Just know that some
of us cowards, whatever we may or may say, appreciate what you and others
are doing on our behalf. God Bless You!

Regards,

Kabir.