GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 08:01:29 PDT
Gambia-L:

Below is a short e-mail from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima

Hello Ebrima,

As you mentioned in your posting the other day, we definitely have a serious
governance crisis in the Gambia, and frankly, it is about time we rescued
our bneloved country from these miscreants. Ebrima, the leadership in the
country is totally confused and doesn't have a clue in terms of how to RUN a
government.

Would you believe this? I have just been told that Badara Joof, who was
recently sacked as Permanent secretary at the Ministry for Local Government,
has now been "forgiven" by Jammeh, and, as a result, he (Joof) will now
reinstated at the Local Government Ministry, where Yusupha Dibba was posted
just yesterday, to replace Mrs Therese Drammeh, who is now being moved to
the Health Ministry.

So, Ebrima, the list of reshuffled Permanent Secretaries I gave you just a
short while ago, is being reshuffled again. That is the reality of the
confused state of the Gambian leadership.

Anyway, Pa Jallow would still go to the Foreign Ministry as the new P.S;
Mrs. Therese Drammeh should move to the Health Ministry and Mrs Fatou
Jallow, as I told you in my earlier e-mail, will become the new Permanent
Secretary at the Tourism Ministry.

For your information, the contract of former Foreign Minister Omar Yusupha
Njie, who was the P.S at the Tourism Ministry, has expired; and Yaya Jammeh
is refusing to renew it.

Thanks!

PS: Ebrima, don't laugh, but I cannot guarantee that by the time you receive
this message, this list of reshuffled Permanent Secretaries would not have
been itself reshuffled, knowing how confused Jammeh and his Cabinet are!