GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:12:37 EST
Amadou Kabir Njie.

I do not think I will take your ramblings point by point because clearly, you
have lost sight of this discussion, and have now gone off the deep end as
they say, resorting to name calling and unexplained hostility. However, it is
also clear that you have wanted to attack me for what you call "wearing my
religion on my sleeve". I do not hide my faith, but neither do I try to force
anyone to join me in it. If that has made you cultivated some hostility
towards me, and this is so apparent from all you have said in this last
posting,then it is just too bad.

You speak as if you know me personally, when the only place we have ever met
is this forum. I find it very strange that you direct all these tirades of
insults at me, but if that is the best  way you can express yourself, then I
will leave you to it. Perhaps it accords you an outlet to vent.

One thing that is certain is that you do not know me at all, so how would you
know about my sincerity or lack there of, or call me a hypocrite, or do you
thnik it will buy you some acceptance and popularity if you call me names?

Kabir, you are full of rhetoric and you are the kind of person who will say
all the things that you think are in accordance with popular opinion.When
people are like that, they cease to be real. I am not like that. I state my
opinion regarding every situation according to  the facts, and I express my
opinion accordingly.I do not do it because I think it will make me popular.
You can bet that whatever opinion i expressed about Imam Fatty or anyone
else, I based my comments on the circumstances of the situation, and in the
case of religion, on what the teachings are on that particular issue, and
there are no mad teachings in Islam, only mad people who use religion for
their own purposes. You are not telling the truth when you imply that I have
blindly supported Imam Fatty in the past and only now come back to criticize
him with recent incidents.i do not give blind support because I am not a
stupid person.

I repeat, despite all your denials, you seem to get bent out of shape anytime
religion is mentioned, and you seem to look for any excuse to direct your
venom at religion. You deny making religion the issue, but that is actually
the basis of your attack on me, especially in this last response you have
sent, so who are you trying to fool?
No amount of attacks from the likes of you will ever make me discuss religion
just behind closed doors, and if that raises your ire, or that of anyone
else, then it is just too bad.
Please remember that each of us is entitled to their own opinions and
beliefs, so expouse yours and leave me to mine. Please take this hostility
and turn it into something more productive, especially since you seem to
think that you have all the answers.That would be time better spent than
directing personal atacks at me just because you have this bizarre idea that
you can tell me what i should condemn or not condemn.

Jabou Joh