GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:56:47 +0000
Malik,
     I would recommend that you read something written by
     L.BRITT SNIDER(i believe he is a senior official at the CIA).The text
is entitled:SHARING SECRETS WITH LAW MAKERS:CONGRESS AS A USER OF
INTELLIGENCE...
You may also try getting his intelligence monograph and see where the wisdom
or tricks ARE HIDDEN as far as such agencies are concerned.This will give
you the clue on why its good to be using classic analysis in certain
instances and not wild political jargons.
The fact of the matter shows  well designed institutions if u
wish,nevertheless when reading thru the history or  traces that have been
left by certain operations you will see why i am standing upon a tower and
refusing to fall on either side...

SO Malik the intermarriage between lawmakers,street vendors,taxi drivers etc
etc and intelligence agencies may give you a blurred picture if you come
closer and closer.Recruiting and identifying those recruited is the biggest
challenge in such fields so please do not see any analyst as a perpetrator
of tyranny No! you may instead fall on the volcanic crater that  is full of
sweet water and not hot magma or lava!

Please see through the analysis and not the partisan side of things because
in our debate(i mean me and you) we are suggesting how a powerful security
tool like the NIA should use the best methods and become the best
institution that can be impartial and ready to protect everybody regardless
of one's political
affliation...Isn't that what we are yearning for Malik?

After all Malik, do you remember the issue of spying Russian diplomats that
led to the expulsion of a whole batch? This was only months ago...Malik did
u hear a followup story on that on the CNN? No!
However, be rest assured that the under currents are still at work as far as
intelligence networking is concerned so the world is being swayed by these
invisible structures MALIK.And thats a fact we cannot simply brush off!
The usage of lawful approaches in such operations is sometimes mixed with
the same 007 styles and may only turn to be a 'vicious circle' anyway.So
going to the congress or FOR CIA agents not escaping the US made laws can
also be a higher degree of cosmetic methods intending to free such agents at
the end in certain situations. The same applies to the agents that are
protecting the Kremlin and so on...Who makes those laws and who applies
them?
Who is an agent within national assemblies,the congresses,the senates? Is
another flow chart brother!
Malik remember that the state machinery uses these agents and this very
machinery has state counsels who are smart and can make you and me believe
that the law has been applied and things are fair when in actual fact a lot
of evidence might have been scraped along the way.
Malik even if u visit the sites of some of these internationally recognised
agencies some information or documents have parts that have been erased!
Despite the fact that this particular information has already been
declassified! So that shows the limits of transparency and the absurdity
when it comes to utilising law in intelligence gathering every where in the
world.
So even if there is some wrong the wrong cannot just be left for the NIA
alone to swallow!

Its a problem that goes around world wide so there are two options that i
will suggest here:
1/The whole world agrees to change the culture of intelligence gathering and
the methods and technics being used by agents(which may take a long time
though).
2/Or every country encourages decency within such intitutions.By decency i
mean respecting the laws when operating and indeed educating the public to
perceive those agents as servants and not masters!
That will allow the people to heave a sigh of relief likewise make the
agents see themselves as guards and NOT shirks!

YEROPULLOH!