GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prince Obrien-Coker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:16:55 +0100
Gambia-L
This is a "Poem" from a disillusioned Gambian. It is a "Poem" of a Gambian
who is neutral to the affairs of the Gambia. A Gambian, who believes that,
this is the way the Gambia should remain. A Gambia who has no interest in
redressing the horrible misdeeds going on in his OWN country. A Gambian who
is now so complacent that he does not give a "heck" what is going on in his
country. This is a Gambian, who has lost faith in redeeming JUSTICE, PEACE
and PROGRESS for his OWN country.  A Gambian who has forgotten where he got
his basic education and up-bringing which gave him the chance now to fill
himself uplifted. This is one of the typical Gambians who the Gambia doesn't
need, for opportunism is one of the destructive elements that is destroying
the Gambia.
The deprivation of a humble and hard working people who are being rip-off
left, right and center has never been an instrument to exercise ones
intellectuality. The insensitivity of such a poem is not expected from a
GAMBIAN.

YOU ARE EITHER A GAMBIAN OR YOU ARE NOT.

4 the Gambia

Prince Coker