GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:25:47 -0000
Sister Jabou,
Thanks for forwarding this email and the courageous example of Imam Lee.In
the words of the Holy Quran:"O you who believe! stand firmly for justice,as
witnesses to Allah,even as against yourselves,or your parents,or your
kin,and whether it be against rich or poor:For Allah can best protect
both.Follow not the lust (of your hearts).lest you swerve,and if you distort
(justice) or decline to do justice,verily Allah is well-acquainted with all
that you do.O you who believe!Believe in Allah and His Messenger,and the
scripture which He sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to
those before(him).Any who denieth Allah,His angels, His Books,His
Messengers,and the Day of judgement,has gone far,far astray" Sura Al-
Nisaa:135-136.
So brothers and sisters the learned Imam was just following the teachings of
Islam and the Sunnah of the Prophet(peace be upon Him).I hope other Imams in
the length and breadth of the country will follow this courageous example
and let Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta Ala be on their minds,let Him be the sole
authority,the sole object, the sole purpose of their actions.
There are some people in position of authority who behave as if they were
gods on planet earth.They not care about principle,dignity,honour or the
letting of human blood.Their word is the law,their action is final and their
dictates are not in anyway to be disobeyed even if it is contrary to the
Rule of Law,or worst still laws decreed by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta Ala.There
are also among them those who have supplanted obedience to Allah Subhanahu
Wa Ta Ala for obedience to someone or something else.
Whatever the case,in the circumstances the only thing we can do is to pray
to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta Ala to guide them to the straight path and implore
Him to restore Imam(faith) in their hearts.
You who believe,stand out firmly for justice,be witnesses for Allah
Subhanahu Wa Ta Ala.Even if it is against your own self or the nearest of
your kin.This verse is always,but more especially now relevant and crucial
to our situation.Let not wealth or position or status cloud our testimony.
let us remember that on the Day of Judgement,no one can come to our
rescue,whether it be president,mufti or imam.You will be presented with the
account of your deeds,be they for justice and truth or motivated by
hatred,jealousy or pride.
Please let us not forget history,we should not forget our Quran and we
should not forget the teachings of our Prophet(peace be upon him).Lets us
also remember Imam Lee in our Dua for his personal safety and protection.May
Allah subhanahu Wa Ta Ala guide all of us to the straight path.Ameen.