GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamadi Banna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:05:57 PDT
Ebrima:

I'm not sure whether you and Tombong are talking about the same Essa Sey.
But, if it is the same Essa Sey once a gendarme and who later worked at the
Ministry of External Affairs, he was definitely at the Gambia Mission to the
UN in New York.  I went to the office to obtain some info and bumped into
Essa Sey.  I later had about 20 minuntes discussion with him on literary
issues such as poetry and short-story writing.  Unless if I had been
day-dreaming! BTW, the tel# for the Mission is (212)949-6640.

If Essa had been a Deputy Perm-Sec. then he must have been shuttling between
New York and Banjul throughout the Bissau talks, a ridiculous venture that
no government would like to take up even the APRC.

I just thought that I should clarify that particular point.