GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:28:01 +0200
Long live the preacher who stood up to the premitive and anti- social
behavior of Marabouts.

by saying that : AMULETS REPRESENT PAGAN SYMBOLS.

The Gambian Opium

By Oko

We Gambians are not pagans. We should hold on to our beliefs and come
clean off the closet. Juju is witchcraft.

Africans are under fire for our under-developement because of our laid-
back attitude to life and endless spiritual predictions of the future.

Vooodoo, witchcraft and cannibalism  are too common in The Gambia. This
it is not permitted by Islam and Christianity. We have to make it unlawful.

Every one you talk to in The Gambia will talk about a MARABOUT ,a KORTEH
or a JAMFA to put inflicted on someone mostly friends and family.

It becomes a way-out of the PRESSURE of poverty by fantasinig the
destruction of your dislikes or enenies or dreaming about their past
time paradise.

But there is no excuse to these wicked marabouts not being able bring
Bill Gates to The Gambia to invest in employment or send our teams to
the world cup and the Olympics or bring in Quincy Jones to market "Roots
"and and improve our artistic and musical scene .Tthe people of the
Gambia want some kind of change and developement.What can they do to
help in the present state of the country?

Do the marabouts pay tax? Because they ask for a lot of dollars and they
may earn more money each month than  Teachers or  Farmers.

I think that this is practice must be put to The Parliament and made
illegal and Banned with severe concequences for offenders.

 This is the Opium ,the Gambia LSD Drug.

The future is Education, scientic developement and economic prosperity.

There is Superstitution !!!

Oko Drammeh