GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:28:26 +0200
                                        OOH! NOT HIM AGAIN
Here is an old friend again boring as ever, but should that defect my intension
of speaking my mind?

Since i join this forum, there are obviously fine, intellegent and strategic
individuals who with their great choices of words and approaches could really
make a big difference, but due to some tawdriness, their objectives went
astray. Besides, thanks to the people who got the idea and motivations of
organising such a viable forum for the awareness and participation of the
gambians in the diaspora

The structure of this forum should however, be able to monitor the trends,
issues, events and study their implications based on an objectives that suit
the structure of the people on the ground. There are lots of reader, gambians
and non gambians alike, who without a doubt, will be so disappointed reading
some of the words displayed on this forum. I wanted to be recognised as a good
gambian in the west and a good gambian in Gambia. My strategy is to globalised
event when I can and stay local when I must (proverb).

We however, require the capabilities to identify and seize opportunities that
arise across the world. Failure to consider these events, brings stagnation and
decline, not only individuals but the whole country. In other words, if we
fail to be objective in our struggle, by considering cultural and tradition
values, we might end up like Bosnia, Yugoslavia, even our own nieghboring
countries.

I believed this forum should base on easing the life of the people, therefore,
insulting the caretaker will do any good than harm. If nothing last forever,
why should we not be patient and wait for the God’s time! There was a
government before this for thirty years who were not aswell, doing everything
right but when their time comes,  they suddenly went away. Gambia unlike most
of the African countries have less tribal hostilities and this we should thank
God and maintain that wishdom.

Competitiveness is the driving force to changes but logical and strategical
competitiveness I am referring in my context, not stuborn attitudes that some
of our friends think will earn them a victory, but they might be wrong. Of
cause, no condition is permanent, ”’without strategical means”’ Therefore, the
condition of some of our friends will be meraculous to achieving it’s goals and
objectives.

We ought to devort our effort by searching for motivation and engagement of the
people bestowed our country, invite them to joint our struggle with respect and
cordiality. If you treat a human being like a dog, he might pee in you house.
So wanting our house to stop smelling, we need to treat the human like human
not dogs.

This mail sent through IMP: neri.kyamk.fi