GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:09:19 EDT
Ebrima,
Do not let nonentities such as this woman from the state house intimidate
you or discourage you from reporting the news as your sources provide them
to you. Do not even go back and forth with her and try to prove a negative
i.e. Yaya did not contemplate taking a leave. To be honest, that is neither
here not there. We will ensure that Yaya take a permanent leave soon. This
time there will be no rumors or counter rumors. Look who is counseling
people about 'sourcing' a story. They are nothing but a bunch of liars any
way. So why would you want to ask them about what is really going on. If
nothing else, your story and subsequent comments on that story by other
people might have made them rethink the whole leave situation and change
their minds. Why did it take this woman that long to respond to your story.
Was she out of the loop or was Yaya still in the contemplation process? We
want to let that woman know that we do not need her lecture on the good uses
of the internet. They are the ones who come here to peddle lies and defend
murderers not us. The only thing they can do about a story they believe to
be untrue, is to come out and give their own version. Let me also inform her
that we are very patient. Those of us who want to see Yaya drown will do so
in the not too distant future. She waited for a number of years to avenge
the downfall of her dad. We can wait longer if we have to because we are
fighting for a nobler cause. Friends, you have to understand the history of
these people in order to know where they are coming from when they support
Yaya so fervently. This woman should direct her anger to Dodou Taal and not
the Gambian people. All her actions are borne out of hatred for the Gambian
people. Take the million mom march for instance. As rightly observed by
many, instead of showing solidarity with the families that lost their
children on the April 10 & 11 massacre, she is calling upon people to
celebrate the life of a murderer. These people are still living in the past.
Gambians are made to pay for the sins of the PPP regime and we do not
deserve that. Everyone who for one reason or another was negatively impacted
by the Jawara regime, jumped on the Yaya bandwagon and started taking
revenge on the Gambian people. This is unfair because most of us did not
like the Jawara regime and secondly, these so called disgruntled elements
benefited from the Jawara regime more than most of us. Take that drug addict
brother of this woman for instance. During the PPP regime, he had numerous
scholarships to go and study abroad, traveled to a lot of places to attend
silly meetings and enjoyed other privileges including a D45,000 loan from
the government for drug rehabilitation treatment. Yet they have the nerve to
come out and put us all in the Jawara camp and punish us for the sins of the
PPP regime. These people are sick. They all need a permanent leave.
Again Ebrima, just ignore this woman and any other liar who wants to refute
your stories. We are all matured adults who can weigh the evidence. Don't
ask them to substantiate any story. Don't also let them dictate what you
write. It goes without saying that they cannot censure what goes on here on
the List.
KB

Ebrima, I just browsed thru your posting to Latjor, after writing the above
piece. I'll take some time and read it later.