GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:52:14 -0500
Dear Mr. Secka:

I wish to write in condemnation of actions you are taking in trying to
change the Gambian constitution.  I never thought I would write to disagree
with you.

Over some twenty odd years ago, I listened to your lectures in your office
at Mr. Pierre N'jie's former stronghold.  I was moved by your knowledge and
determination to change things in the Gambia.  I thought to myself that one
day, I may go to the United States and follow Pap's path.  Part of that
dream was realized, but I choice to study accounting, which I believe is
important in the development of every business sector.

I wrote a commentary on you just few days ago, and some of my comrades in
the struggle for a democratic Gambia were opposed to even calling you a
brilliant Gambian.  After some careful thought, I must admit that they are
right.  Your lack of consideration and pursuit of power have negated your
intelligence, and as such your brilliance has resulted in negative
consequences to the Gambian people.  You have betrayed even your most loyal
Gambian..

I am of the realization that politics should be based on truth and the
willingness to speak up.  I therefore cannot be part of any policy you are
proposing.  You have failed and will continue to fail.  You are no angel.
You are not different from other dismissed ministers.  Your time will come.
The dirimo of kaninlai will soon dismiss you.

Pap Cheyassin Secka, please resign.  You cannot make another mistake.  You
cannot let the dictator destroy you.  You will suffer forever after the
dictator's days.  What are you thinking of?  Please do not waste your
intelligence by stooping low.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Lamine Jassey-Conteh
(Your former admirer)