GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:46:30 -0500
Ebrima,
To add to your list of french speakers, Nanah Grey's brother, Monty Grey-
Johnson here with us, Dr. Mbye Cham(Howard U.)who started off in France via
Dakar Univ.,Joe Ceesay to Nigeria via London. Speaking of KBJ,he invited me
out last week-a nice fellow now based in Nairobi doing nicely indeed. Yes,
I am one of the Kotos to have opted for a US education rather than UK, not
a popular move in the 60's because of our colonial legacy.  But my Kotos on
state side in the early to mid sixties were Ousman Sallah, Badou
Samba,DKNjie,Cheyassin Secka,the late Alphusanie(AK)Njie,Bernard Baldeh and
Saul Fye (Badou's brother)Late Dr.Daddy Dan Goddard,Badou Sallah(UNDP)and
B.E.Njie(UNICEF). My contemporaries were the late E.M
benga,late Hassan
Harding,Manukumba Goddard,Mbye Cham(whom I studied together at Wisconsin)I
went to work for Mayor Paul Soglin at Madison City Hall and sensible Mbye
proceeded with his PhD. Sara Jahna found us there and left us there. I did
my bit (11 years) and returned to join Jabez at Ecomonic Planning in 1977.
But wait a minute, where is Prince?(I call him Biola).You promised these
guys your bio. Biola and I started Albion School-same day together with
Buba Saho(Gambia Airways/Travel Agent) and Musa Lobba (Ingram Street)
Sidi Sanneh