GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:41:46 +0000
Lers,
The idea behind remembering April 10th/11th is to solicit the support and
voice of each and every forum member! As a result of a recent subscription
by Mrs. Joiner, i thought it will make some impact if 800+ mails are sent to
the State House website expressing the sanctity of life. And that justice is
yet to be done. That posting was definitely not to quench a desire to hear
myself speak!

To Mr. Gassama: Thanx for your pledge. It is highly appreciated. Secondly,
you do not have to quit sending your postings on the development projects
back home. Trust me they have therapeutic effects on some of us even if we
do not see eye to eye on the political front.

Yusupha, i think your quote of the day says it all. What is true for the
Mid-east may to a certain extent hold true for the Gambia. It is basically
about tolerance. Let us give Mr. Gassama the chance! And Yus, i count myself
among those forgiven for upsetting you the last time. Thanx for not being
vindictive. You inspire me!

To Dampha: There are a lot of issues you have with Gassama, but let us
momentarily put aside our differences and honor the spirits of our children!
Of all the times you have ignored Gassama earlier, i believe now more than
ever is one such time.

To Bakary Kanteh, i don't think it will help our cause adding fuel to an
already tense situation.

And Brother Haruna, thanx for the kind words. They are appreciated!

Lamin Sanyang

"God grant me the serenity to accept
the things i cannot change, the courage
to change the things i can, and the wisdom
to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr