GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:35:35 +0000
Dr/Mr. Janneh,

Please allow me to wish you good luck in both your current and future
endeavors.  Whilst I think that your sudden 360 degrees turn is not a
surprise to me given the recent trend of people joining the APRC for JOBS
which have yet to be substantiated in YOUR case, I also think that it is
your right and prerogative to announce your allegiance to any party for that
matter and not loose any sleep over it.

However, I am also not sure that your reason for joining the the APRC is
strong enough, but better yet, you do not owe an explaination to anyone.  I
still fail to see the necessity for you to broadcast your association with
the APRC on cyberspace, unless in your own mind you feel some kind of
obligation and GUILT for sleeping with what you have for years termed as the
DEVIL.

You see, joining the Jammeh regime is not an easy decision given the fact
that you have for years been a fierce opponent of a regime you  have been so
critical of.

Since I do not like to speculate before making any comments, I would reserve
my opinion and suggestions until I know for sure that you have been offered
a JOB or you are just a party affiliate for the APRC in Savannah/Georgia.

Until then, I hope that if indeed you are appointed in a key position you
will apply the same vigor and energy you have used in your past postings
against the APRC to echo the concerns of those who have serious issues with
the human rights issues among other things and dissatisfaction with the
regime.

I wish you good luck in whatever mission you are about to embark on for  the
APRC if at all there are any.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi
Atlanta