GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:58:18 -0800
On behalf of Satang's family and on behalf of all those who looked up to her
as a model for what and how they can contribute to a better society in the
Gambia and the world over, thank you.  Thank you for the words, the
feelings, and the support.  Satang will live in our hearts and in our
conduct as we pick up from where she left off.  Her work and her writings
speak to who this woman was and I am honored to have known her, however
briefly.  I wish and I wish and I wish for so many things that we could have
done together, with her guiding me, us, everyone, to help bring about the
kinds of opportunities for our women and youth that we yearn.  She acted and
she was effective.  She has touched so many lives.

To those who still support the AFPRC and think they are good for the
country, take your blinders off.  They are a source of grief for all forward
thinking Gambians and have been the number one source of grief to my
departed sister.  The harassment and the threats from the NIA as well as the
taunts added to her stress no end.  Her position has always been to help
Gambia's disenfranchised secure a chair at the policy table and for that the
AFPRC and the NIA targeted her.

Well, her work, which was her life, will not be in vain.

Again, thank you.

Soffie B. Ceesay