GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yeks drame <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 03:17:38 PST
That was well said brother, and it was unfortunate that it happened like
that.Certainly, I would not entertain anyone to insult my lovely and
wonderful mother.

However, the challenges ahead of the GL has a demanding force which must
elaborate on a level tolerance, maturity, control, decipline,open mind,
justice and form.To put it short Mattar's faith on the GL was questioned, as
a result of him failing to comply with the rules of the List, leading to
certain deciplinary questions. Consequently, he was expelled with regards to
the decissions taken by the management commitee.

I was aware of the activities on the List leading to Mattar's expulssion,
which was rather very unfortunate. Am not saying that,that the dicision was
bad. It has however fulfilled certain diciplinary actions which I guess we
have all learned from. However, at this crucial juncture, we have now turned
to a new chapter and that is suppose to be"RECONCILIATION"!! Anything
associted with disassociation cannot fullfill the characteristics of
reconciliation, it would however even make it futile. Am saying that the
process of reconciliation cannot be successful if we cannot put the past
behind and value the future and use history as a guide line for future
doubts.

Certainly, it is a bad thing to be divided. This we should try by all means
necessary to increase the level of understanding of others and were they
stand. By doing this it would be substential enough to decrease the high
level of missunderstanding among us. We know that "no man is an
Island",Mattar needs us as we needs him, he cannot stand alone,  and he had
demonstrated a level of interest to be part of the discussion which was
revealed by his recent posting.He is therefore most deffinately with the aim
of being part his people,and this is why I thought, hence he was the first
expelled List member, and even though, he had continousely kept track of the
activities on the List which shows his continous interest , am asking why
can't we start the process with him first? Even the most notorious criminals
of the most degrading and back ward system of rule, Apartheid are given
amnesty at certain instance! Why can't we comply to the priciples of
togetherness and be one big happy family! The law of reconciliation does not
suscribe to dissasociation!

Peace!!
Yahya.